The Marketing Manager will be responsible for the Marketing Strategy and for planning, implementing, and analysing a wide range of marketing activities for the businesses on Bournemouth Pier, including RockReef Indoor activity attraction, PierZip, Key West Bar & Grill, Key West Events, and the retail and catering outlets around pier approach. This will include branding and all internal and external communications utilising both traditional and digital channels. You will be responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of all Marketing campaigns and return on investment.
The Successful Applicant The successful candidate will have Experience across the full marketing mix and will be able to plan, implement, measure and report on marketing campaigns. They will have great communication skills and a commercial approach to planning Marketing activities. They must be able to adapt quickly in a very dynamic and ever-changing environment. Experience in the Leisure and hospitality industry would be hugely beneficial.
· Roles & Responsibilities (this list is non-exhaustive):
· Developing and implementing marketing campaigns
· Work closely with creative agencies to develop marketing materials.
. Managing the scheduling and booking of all print and digital advertising
· Managing and measuring the effectiveness of marketing activities
· Conducting marketing research
· Analysing web and social media activity (Google Analytics, Facebook, analytical reports etc.)
· Using Google Analytics to track, spot trends and report on the effectiveness of digital marketing activities
· Creating news articles and press releases
· Copywriting and proofing
. Create banners, posters, and menus to deliver print-ready artwork.
· Supporting the Managing Director, when necessary, on Openwide Group and new business development projects and activities.
· Develop the photography and video bank in conjunction with the digital Marketing assistants
· Managing partnerships with photographers, bloggers, influencers etc
. Managing Comms plan for all creative and marketing channels.
. Organise exhibitions in conjunction with the events team.
. Attend events, exhibitions and networking functions
Social Media management
· Work closely with the Digital Marketing Team to manage social presence and engage and grow following· Coming up with new and innovative campaign ideas to engage and grow followers
· Managing Marketing Budget
· Relevant degree-level qualification in Marketing or at least three years of Experience in a similar position
· Good Knowledge and Experience of Google Analytics and reporting, ideally in GA4
· Experience in Marketing and brand strategy, as well as managing marketing campaigns and brand campaigns for all businesses.
· Demonstrable skills in social media and digital marketing.
· Will demonstrate a ‘can do’ attitude and a commitment to delivering the best possible customer service
· Will have excellent time management, multitasking and organisational skills
· A practical problem solver who can think on their feet
· Great communicator with excellent English Language skills in both verbal and written formats
· Self-motivated with the ability to work on their own initiative
· Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
· Experience in managing people and working as a team leader
· Knowledge & Experience of Adobe suite including Photoshop/illustrator and Indesign or other Adobe CS tools preferred
. Knowledge of WordPress website design and SEO preferred
· Ability to write briefs for design, photography and videography
Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00-17:30
This is not a work-from-home or hybrid role. It is an office-based role located on Bournemouth Pier.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £38,000 – £40,000 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £38,000.00-£40,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person
We’re looking for enthusiastic, reliable staff to work on the pier. Full training and uniforms will be provided.
Read the descriptions below and apply with a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org